Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Life in Shanghai



Hey Jewelry Lovers, 

I was just looking through some of my old blogs and realized I haven't been writing much at all lately.
We've moved to Shanghai (from Guangzhou) just over a month now. Shanghai is Great and I am Loving things here. Of course it takes some time to find your way around a new city this big, busy and crazy, but it's feeling like home now!
I have found a couple of jewelry markets. The first market I went to was amazingly disappointing! I was told it was a great wholesale market and I could stock up on everything and prepare to make some awesome malas. But, when I arrived at the market and started having a look around- it was not what I expected. It was a touristy market. The prices were Outrageous and the quality was Awful! I relearned my lesson, if the people at the market speak English....Stay Away or you'll be charged a small fortune! 
After a lot of research, asking questions I found another market. With my fingers crossed I headed to the market. It was So Much better! Smaller, but better. I found some simple beads I really liked- white pearl shell, coral and turquoise. So, I asked for a hundred of them. And they started counting beads! "No, No, No!" I say. "100 strands." Their faces went blank and they told me that might take a few days to a week to get that many beads! 
I did get the beads and was very happy to find market like that. I'm just used to larger wholesale. And all in all Great Shopping Trip!

Life in Shanghai

No comments:

Post a Comment