Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Summer is OVER!!! :(


Summer is OVER!!!

Summer is OVER!!!


I can't believe that summer is over! I just heard via facebook (where I hear most of my news) that today was the first day back to school! I can't Believe that! wow, is all I can say. And, of course -it flew by. 

Spending the summer in Shanghai this year was actually quite fun. It's still a new city to my husband and I, so we did our fare share of exploring and site seeing. Besides some amazing jewelry supply markets (of course I loved them!) My favorite find was a beach. Yep, thats right, smack dab in the center of the city, by the pearl tower and right on the river is a man made beach. Its crazy cheep, easy to get to and during the week amazingly quite. I'm guessing that everyone else was at work and if not they were sitting on some little island way south of here.

Thses are some photos of the beach in the center of Shanhai, pretty little sun beads, a pool and everything! The dragon looking boat is a giant boat that does the evening river cruises and dinner too. 

7523 7524 
We have two dogs and a cat that we bought a few years ago in Guangzhou. So, when we moved to Shanghai in the spring we moved them here of course. But, I guess that isnt the most common thing to do in China. It was a little difficult and now everyone at my husbands work thinks we are completly crazy. I guess they aren't animal lovers! But, the dogs have both had an amazing summer too. Decan didn't even need to get her usually summer hair cut. In Guangzhou the summers are so hot and insanely humid, that we had to cut our dogs hair quite short, she looked like a little pig. This summer she was very happy that the scissors and shaver stayed far away from her. She is the black one in the photo and quite fluffy. 
7526

Now that summer fun time is over, its time to get down  to work again! My entire day today was spend sorting jewelry suppies and getting ready for a new season to start. While I was sorting I couldn't believe how much of the howlite turquoise I actually had. So, all the prices have been reduced and best part of all- Free Shipping on all of the howlite turquoise beads! If your curious just how cheap the beads are and what fun colors we have, you can take a look here-

I have also added a new shop section call Thailand Jewlry. And that is what it is! On our last trip to Thailand I strock up at some of the jewelry markets and over the summer I finally had some time to make some amazing necklaces and earrings together. All inspired by Thailand of course!  Have a look at some of my Thailand pieces here - 

Another new section that I have added to my shop is Home Collection. http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/shangrilacraft/1/1/237831// I'm still working on this one, so it is a bit on the small side right now. But, I do have some Thailand inspired bookmarks for those of us who love a good book. I also have some really cool Chinese bells that I strung together with mala string and small jade beads. They would be great for meditations or because of the picture on the bell, the make a great conversation piece. They have the dragon and the pheonix, from the famous Chinese legend. I wrote the story in the write up section. It's a long story, but really interesting and I have yet to meet a Chinese person who doesn't believe the whole story. So have a read for yourself- 

Those are my updates for my shop right now and I do promise to try and keep eveyone updated a lot more!

No comments:

Post a Comment