Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Shang ri-la Temple


Shang ri-la Temple

Shang ri-la Temple



If you have been reading any of my past posts you'll know how much I love Shang-ri la. This amazing city also called Zhongdian is just on the Chinese and Tibetan boarder. It's thousands of meters up on an amazing mountain, always has clear blue sky and warm friendly people. 
Each time I visit Shang-ri la I always go to the temple. The temple is a smaller version of the Potala Palace in Lhasa. It is called Song Zan Lin Si. The temple is still really quite large and has some of the most amazing statues and paintings I have ever seen. 
This is a photo I took outside of the Song Zan Lin Temple. The sky was actually grey that day, because it was snowing off and on that whole week. It was so great to see snow again. Around the whole temple there are lots of animals. This cute little pig was in front of the temple by the lake having eating some grass. In side the temple there were chickens, cows, goats, cats and even some yaks. 

This is a photo of me on the temple stairs. Most of the temples in Asia are on mountains or at least have a long and high stairway to climb. I was told that the reason for this is to keep everyone in shape and it is great exercise for everyone since they visit the temple daily. In Shang ri-la the temple there also has a lot of stairs, but along the way up there are small doors where you can follow a hallway or path to a smaller part of the temple, statue room, prayer wheel or prayer room. 
Song Zan Lin Si in shangri la
This is me half way up the long stair way in the Shang-ri la temple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment