Sunday, April 22, 2012

Are Dzi Beads Good Luck?



I wrote a blog post here earlier about Dzi beads being good luck and where they come from.

"Dzi beads are ancient and have been worn for centuries in Asia, especially by those who are spiritual or religious. But, in the last few years the beads have been making a huge come back with the younger generation. I was told, that a couple of years ago there was a plane crash in Taipei, Taiwan. And, sadly there was only one survivor. When he was interviewed later, he told the news crew that it was only because of his Dzi bead bracelet that he was still alive and that he would never go anywhere without it. "

Well, I just spent the last few days travelling and I forgot to wear my Dzi bead bracelet! I was supposed to leave Shanghai at 7:30am, but the flight was canceled, but they found us a flight at the OTHER shanghai airport. So they gathered us up and put us on a bus and we got stuck in morning traffic. I checked in, ran through security and to the gate and Just made the last call. Most of the other people missed that flight!

Well, two days later coming back from Guangzhou, I had a 8am flight. When I checked in they told me my flight was delayed until 1. At 12:30 when we should have been boarding...we Didn't. We finally boarded around 3:30 or 4, then sat on the runway until about 7pm. Wow! I have never has worse luck with flights before in my life and I fly a lot! 

Needless to say, today I am wearing my Dzi beads!
4831This dzi bead is the leaf. The three circles are merged together forming a leaf shape. The bottom two circles represent Buddha's eyes and the third for his heart. This Dzi bead allows your body, mind and heart to connect. Bringing good health, wealth, success, avoiding dangers and bringing longevity and love. 
To me this Dzi bead has always look like a clover, not a four leaf clover, but it just always stands out as lucky to me for some reason. I think I will wear this one the next time I travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment