Sunday, April 22, 2012

Guangzhou jewelry markets and Singing bowls!



My husband and I have been travelling a lot the past 6 months or so, for his work. We are back home in Guangzhou and have been back for about 2 weeks. I love travelling, but it's so nice to be back home, where everything is comfortable!

Today I went to one of the many jewelry markets. I love wandering around to check out all the new beads, strings, tassels and supplies. I picked up some new silk necklaces. I'll will post them soon!

I stopped in one of my favorite shops to see if they had my favorite incense in stock. Sadly, last time I was there, they were sold out. It's called Darshan, to me it smells like the temples in Tibet, I just love it! I guess I picked a good day to stop by, they were unpacking all of their new stock and most of it was singing bowls. We have a couple at our house. They get used occasionally, but our dogs hate the sound for some reason. 

If your not too familiar with singing bowl, they are used for meditation, usually signaling the start and end of the meditation period. I have been to countless temples here in China and sometimes I luck in and get to peak in on the monks chanting inside. You can here the chanting and the singing bowls through the whole temple grounds. It's an amazing sounds. 

I have bought a few CD's at some of the shops near the temples, that have the chanting and singing bowls. I like to put them on while I'm working, super relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment